Yann Mrazek, Managing Partner, M/HQ, www.m-hq.com
UAE Foundations & other business continuity solutions: What's new, what's hot, what's not?
Recent years have put traditional family holdings and SFO structures to a serious test, and in response to these challenges, nowhere have the ecosystem and toolboxes evolved as fast as in the Middle East. When considering a consolidation or structuring optimization, evaluating the latest global trends and options in terms of jurisdictions and tools is key – from the dos and don'ts to understanding what regional families are doing, why, and what can be learnt. This session helps advisors with clients with Middle East exposure navigate the latest trends in the UAE wealth management and structuring space.
The Webinar will look at both regimes’ key features and their similarities and differences with other well-established regimes.
It will also discuss the practical impact of these new tools locally and regionally. Followed by a Q&A.
- How we got there: understand the evolution of the UAE's regulatory framework in terms of wealth management and legacy planning
- Identify and understand the tools and mechanisms available to practitioners - foundations, trusts, SFOs & more!
- UAE Foundations: key features, similarities, and differences
- Be aware of the various uses of UAE business continuity structures and why?
- Understand the practical impact of these new tools locally and regionally
- Live examples of what families are doing and why? What's hot, what's not?
Yann Mrazek is the Managing Partner of M/HQ.
He chiefly focuses on private wealth and Intergenerational planning. He has vast experience advising successful individuals and entrepreneurial families with Middle Eastern exposure on implementing intergenerational wealth transfer strategies and structuring their operational assets and global wealth. He is regularly involved in the ongoing management of such structures – as a board member, council member, guardian or protector.
Yann is recommended by all of Chambers & Partners Private wealth, Legal Week’s Private Client Global Elite and Who’s who legal private client.
He was the Chair of STEP Arabia from 2015 to 2018.
STEP Office Zug